Thursday, May 1, 2008

Amazing Mom

Mothers are wonderful gifts. I've been blessed with two of them. My bio mom, Brenda, loves me with a fervent love and is an out-of-this-world Nana! She has been through a lot and I'm proud of her.

Her road has not been an easy one. She was a single mom when I was born. She didn't have a Wayne (my too-good-to-be true husband) to hold her tightly and whisper reassuring words in her ear. Lots of things were stacked against her but she kept me, even though some said she shouldn't, and I'm oh so glad she did. My easy-to-see wonderfulness shows what an outstanding job she did raising me. (Apart from a weak focus on humility her parenting seems to be quite solid.)

Because of her lavish love and support I've been able to conqueor and succeed at anything I set my mind to. (In a rare state of shyness and humility I will refrain from listing the many things I find myself to be good at. Besides, who would have the strength to get through a list so long?)
Thanks, Mom. I love you.


No comments: