Monday, April 28, 2008

Pacifier for babies with cleft palate

What is a wub-a-nub? Well, it's simply a pacifier with a stuffed animal attatched. They look adorable and they're wonderful for babies with cleft palates who don't have the suction to hold in a normal pacifier.

This "wubby", as we call him, has been my Isaac's most beloved pacifier since he was about 3-months-old. There's a reason he looks a little tired and worn--he is!!
Words fail me to describe just how much the wub-a-nub pacifiers have meant to Isaac and I. I believe every baby with a cleft should have one. They aren't made specifically for babies with clefts but they could be.

Amazon is only one of the many places you can find them on the web. There's many styles to choose from, too-ducks, frogs, dogs, and kitty cats name a few. Just do a search for Wub-A-Nub pacifiers and you'll find them. They're about $10 a piece. I know it sounds pricy for a pacifier but for us they were worth a million!

Spraying wubby with some shout and throwing it in the washing machine as soon as Isaac woke up from a nap is the best way I found to keep it clean. Wubby has been quite durable and up to the challenge! He even goes into the dryer.

Oh, wub-a-nub, what would I have done without you? You are my forever superheroe!

No comments: